Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fire roasted bacon meatloaf

Meatloaf with bacon IN it?!? Why yes! The Civilized caveman comes through for me once again and we will be having bacon mixed with delicious beef for dinner.

Some of these items I already had around the house and are typical things you should have in your kitchen too. For these items I will not be adding a price.

1 lb beef: $3.52 (Mine is regular old store bought meat, not grass-fed like the recipe calls for. Without easy access to grass-fed meats, you do what you have to. Regular meat is better than nothing.)
1 lb bacon:  $3.00 (nitrate/nitrite free)
Onion: $0.49
Bell pepper: $0.52
Garlic cloves: $1.19 (for a tub of pre-peeled cloves)
Eggs: $2.29
Almond flour: $5.00 (I bought mine on close-out)
Oregano: You probably have this.
Salt & Pepper: You probably have this.

Total cost: $16.01 for 6 servings (Remember this is assuming you have to buy a new carton of eggs and don't already have garlic cloves at home from another recipe.)

Cost per person: $2.66 per person. (not including sauce if you choose to top your meatloaf with sauce)


I added a bit of Rao's pasta sauce to the top. I already had it in the fridge so I am not sure what I paid for it.

The kids dubbed this THE BEST meatloaf they have EVER had. Rating it 10% higher than Nom Nom Paleo's veggie/spinach meatloaf. We will definitely be having this one again!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment