Monday, April 16, 2012

Sun dried tomato stuffed pork and zucchini noodles

This was my first time making either of these items, and one came out better than the other. We'll start with the pork recipe, which I got here.

Use a meat thermometer please! Mine cooked WAY longer than 25 minutes in the oven. Also my pork loin was not one giant loin I could butterfly, it was two smaller ones, so I just slapped the stuffed between them and tied the sides together. It worked just fine. I served mine on a bed of raw spinach. It was a little dry because of my cooking temp issues, but it was not terrible. But really, everything is better with sun-dried tomatoes.

Pork Loin: $7.94
Basil: $0.99
Tomatoes: $2.99
String: $2.35
Spinach: $3.00 (optional)

Total cost: $14.27 for about 6 servings (without spinach)
Cost per person: $2.37


I also made some zucchini noodles as a side of green.

2 large zucchini: $1.50
Fat of choice: Price will vary depending on if you choose Ghee, butter, coconut oil, bacon fat etc.
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder/spices of choice

Everyone loved the zucchini noodles and I cannot wait to make them again!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment