Monday, April 30, 2012

Paleo banana pancakes


I have made these many many times and my kids LOVE them. They are so easy to make! And what I love is they are super simple, take only 3-4 ingredients (That you probably already have!) and they are super healthy. I also love that they don't have ANY almond flour or coconut flour etc. in them. Not that almond or coconut flour is bad, not at all - it can just be expensive, and when you're looking for a simple treat, like pancakes, it can take a lot of flour to make enough for everyone. So I love this recipe because it really is simple and it's really inexpensive to make.

When I make a single batch it makes about 4, but I usually double the batch (hello! I have 3 kids!) and I measure the batter into 2 TBSP piles, this gives me about 9 pancakes. I have not tried cooking these in a pan yet, but when I do I will let you know how they come out.  My 11 yr old loves to eat them plain, but my 7 yr old loves them cut up with pure maple syrup on top.

In case you need even more reasons to check them out, all you need for 1 batch is-
1 banana
1 egg
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 TBSP nut butter (optional)

Bowl
Fork
Spoon
Oven
Cookie sheet
Parchment paper

THAT'S IT! So go check them out already!!

How to make a single batch:
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2.Mash 1 ripe banana in a bowl really well, add 1 tbsp nut butter, 1 egg and 1/8 tsp baking soda and mix well.
3.Spoon onto parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 TBSp of batter per circle, the batter will be pretty thin. (I found they tend to stick on some kinds of cookie sheets so you may want to spray the parchment with cooking spray or brush lightly with coconut oil).
4.Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
5.Enjoy!


(I apologize for the poor photo. My kitchen isn't very bright, so it's hard to take great pictures when it's still dark outside.)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment