Monday, April 16, 2012

Paleo creamy chicken soup

A crockpot recipe yay! I am sure we all have days where we just don't have the time (or energy) to whip up a meal at dinner time. Crock pot recipes are the perfect solution for that. (Unless you have some really great leftovers that is.)

Now this recipe was already budgeted on the original site. But I am going to still budget it here because things are priced different in different areas of the Country. Also, I will always link back to the original recipe so you can bookmark it.

I will give you my tip for bookmarking food recipes. I have created a bookmark folder in my browser called 'Food' and then within that 'Food' folder I have created sub folders called 'Breakfasts' 'Lunch/Dinner' 'Dessert' and 'Other' I also recently added another one for 'Budget'. When I find a recipe I may want to try, I bookmark it into the appropriate folder so that later it is easy to find. I hope that tips helps you organize your meal planning!


Ingredients:
Chicken: $4.79
Garlic salt: Already had but if you don't add about $1.50
Italian seasoning: $1.79
Basil: Already had this but if you do not add $1.50
Clove garlic: $1.19 (for a container of pre-peeled cloves)
14oz coconut milk: $1.07
14oz tomato: $0.99
Chicken broth: $2.52

Total: $15.35 for 6 generous servings plus leftovers. This was calculated assuming you need to buy seasonings.
Cost per person: $2.55



My review:
This was really tasty! I served mine on a bed of raw spinach leaves. I feel that it could use another half can of coconut milk because mine was not very soupy. However I also used 5 chicken breasts instead of four because my bag had five in it. I would definitely recommend this for an easy, inexpensive, delicious meal!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment